lollygag

Friday, August 19, 2005

not a real blog this is me talking to joey and matt

something new i am reading: the shambhala. sacred path of the warrior. this is my kind of warrior. my favorite stuff is about gentleness versus arrogance; how the arrogant way of living will destroy gentleness and the possibility of being truly awake and aware of the beauty of this existence. in a true, intuitive open way. arrogance and aggresion are pollutants in the world i want to be in. being gentle, you open your heart to appreciating the brilliance of the universe and discovering it in your own unique sweet way. this i want to be working on every day, this is how i want to show my love.

joey i loved visiting you in santa cruz. because i felt strong and free like i could go anywhere on this earth and be welcome and find a place to live and love being alive there. santa cruz, sebastopol, placerville, or even boston or new orleans or mexico. driving and being alone in my car and singing and crying are good for my heart. but also oddly devastating because i just love being alive and there is too much to love all at once and you feel like you will explode/ implode whatever. everyplace i've ever been haunts me.

that song, that damn beautiful song nine and a half minutes long of iron and wine, a simple melody that etches pictures of my own past and the entire mystery of this life into my brain. when he sings about pearly gates and trapeze acts and carnival cars and the devil and god and death and birth and he says "i heard from someone you're still pretty.." i just want to twist and turn and lift my hands up into the sky and be full of praise and go heal the sick. and go everywhere on this earth and just look around and smile and have eyes full of tears that flow and make rivers and make me part of all the water in the world, the rain and ocean and snow and dew.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger mattbeatty said...

Sounds like a good book, I want to be a warrior, I like to think that I am in some aspects but have a long way to go in others. And I need to get some Iron and Wine, I am so far the uninitiated. He sounds wonderful.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger moonshinejunkyard said...

matt you are definitely a warrior. i like to think of you as the ideal guy...nice and manly, but sweet and sensitve at the same time. able to chop and haul and drive big trucks and face fears and plan things and take charge, but also able to write poems for your wife from her children that make everyone cry. and calling things "cute" all the time. you have the gentleness i'm talking about.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Joseph Beatty said...

heather come back. And instead of playing music with people i barely know, i will explore the city with you and we will show ourselves around and talk and figure stuff out, sounds good, come bacK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home